This middle or high school radial symmetry mandala art lesson contains two mandala projects.
The first is a simple mandala using a sharpie marker with the option to add colored pencils or colored marker accents. This can be done in the classroom or via distance learning.
- A Google Slides presentation explaining what the mandala is and how it aids in mindfulness. It shows lots of examples of student work and step-by-step instructions on how to create the mandala.
- A PDF with the link and QR code that students can scan and see the presentation from their phones or ipads even if they do not upload the lesson to Google Classroom.
- Practice worksheet
- Step-by-step handout with tips and suggestions.
The second mandala includes watercolors and focuses on the use of warm and cool colors.
- A PDF with a link to a Google Slide Show that has detailed instructions, student samples, and a video demonstration.
- Google Slideshow with step-by-step instructions
- Video demonstration
The first mandala helps students gain pattern-making skills and understand how to use symmetry and repetition. They gain confidence and skills using the materials. The second allows them to be a little more expressive and crop their compositions to create more dramatic results.
Need an Easy to Follow Art Sub Plan?
The included worksheets work great as sub plans, and early finisher assignments, for students on home instruction or in ISS. They are easy to follow with the linked videos and are easy for substitute teachers or self-directed learning when the art teacher is unavailable.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready-to-go, easy-to-follow, time-saving art lessons in my RESOURCE SHOP.
Having Trouble with a File?
Visit the FAQ and Support Page to find answers to your questions.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies, and new resources!