This high school art lesson is a great beginner to intermediate colored pencil project. It can be taught via distance learning or in the classroom. By breaking up the bottle into manageable shapes, students focus mostly on layering color to create rich glowing tones. It includes EVERYTHING you need, including photo references and video demonstrations to make sure students understand how to create a colored pencil coke bottle drawing with beautiful transparency and layers of color.
This lesson includes:
A PowerPoint and Google Slides version of the demonstration explains:
• Color theory- warm and cool colors
• Step-by-step visual examples showing how to layer colored pencils to create darks, lights, and rich hues
• Video demonstration on how to create a value scale in colored pencil
• Video demonstration on how to arrange the composition
• Lots of examples of student work
• Tons of tips and advice
ALSO INCLUDED are:
• PDF with a link to the Google Slides presentation and QR code so students can scan and see the presentation and videos from their phones or ipads even if you did not load the lesson to Google Classroom.
• A value scale worksheet that reinforces skills demonstrated in the video.
• A step-by-step guide to layering colors to render bottle in colored pencil with tips and reminders.
• Viewfinders to help divide and break up the image with all the calculations done.
Photo references to draw from
Need an Easy to Follow Art Sub Plan?
The included worksheets work great as sub plans, and early finisher assignments, for students on home instruction or in ISS. They are easy to follow with the linked videos and for substitute teachers or self-directed learning when the art teacher is unavailable.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready-to-go, easy-to-follow, time-saving art lessons in my RESOURCE SHOP.
Having Trouble with a File?
Visit the FAQ and Support Page to find answers to your questions.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies, and new resources!