This winter holiday house drawing project is great for teaching one-point perspective to beginners. Students can create a gingerbread house style or a traditional house. They can choose to add decorations for Christmas, Hanukkah, or any holiday using the images included as a reference if they would like.
The worksheets and handouts show them how to draw a basic box in a one-point perspective and gradually build up to drawing houses with more complex shapes. Students create their own house styles and can add candy or holiday decorations to incorporate a winter theme if desired.
Included in this lesson:
- Three handouts showing how to draw a box in a one-point perspective.
- One practice worksheet for drawing boxes in a one-point perspective.
- One handout showing how to draw a house from a one-point perspective.
- Two practice worksheets for drawing houses using a one-point perspective.
- A handout with step-by-step instructions to draw a house from a one-point perspective.
- Three handouts with line drawing references for different house styles, holiday decorations, and candy.
- Link to a video demonstrating how to draw a house from one point perspective
- Bonus adding color to your finished project slideshow.
Need an Easy to Follow Art Sub Plan?
The included worksheets work great as sub plans, and early finisher assignments, for students on home instruction or in ISS. They are easy to follow are easy for substitute teachers or self-directed learning when the art teacher is unavailable.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready-to-go, easy-to-follow, time-saving art lessons in my RESOURCE SHOP.
Having Trouble with a File?
Visit the FAQ and Support Page to find answers to your questions.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies, and new resources!